this holiday season, take the opportunity to help someone know god!
ask Matthew 7:7 starts with asking and so will we. Corporately and individually, we will ask God, through prayer, to reveal to us the name of the person who does not yet know Him.We are confident that He will not only guide you in your choice, but He will also orchestrate the details of your interaction and go before you to prepare hearts for His message. As a body of believers, we are connected to God and to each other. Because this is all about relationship, we will be engaging in activities and providing resources to encourage and equip you.
SEEK The next step is to seek. Building on your prayers, this is the time to invest in the life of the person you are praying for and to develop your relationship further. It might be a series of one-on-one meetings or an invitation to one of our “family” holiday events. However God leads you, we will provide you the inspiration and encouragement you’ll need for this step of the journey.
Knock At Christmas, everyone loves receiving a gift and we have just the gift. You will be provided a Bible package including an easy to understand Bible, a devotional for you to do together, a DVD greeting from Pastor Bob, and a CD of worship music perfectly suited for the season.You have prayed for this person and have taken the time to get to know them better, now it’s time to allow the Word of God do what it does best—reveal the character and heart of God!
open Everyone loves an open door. By now, God has connected you with someone with whom you’ve established a relationship, you provided them the gift of God’s Word, and met with them to answer their questions and concerns. This is a great time to invite them to a Christmas service and then follow-up by asking them to join you at a service in January. Just as the gift of God’s Son isn’t just for Christmas, neither is the open door to God’s house.
ask God through prayer:
To place an unsaved friend on your heart.
- Pray that as a result of this outreach, your friend will come to know God as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Let everyone pray for your friend’s salvation by adding their name to our online prayer cloud.
For provision for children:
- Provide a Gift of Hope for a child in crisis in our community. Pick up a child’s gift request at the 4KIDS table (Fort Lauderdale, Boca & Plantation campuses). Return your gift(s) before November 11. A Gift of Hope can also be made online at 4KIDSofSFL.org.
Send a gift-filled shoebox
internationally through Operation Christmas Child. Share brochures (available at all campuses) with your friends at work, school, and in your neighborhood. Return your box(es) by November 19.
For provision for those in need:
- Give financial help to those in need in our community and missionaries who bring the gospel all over the world.
SEEK a relationship
with your friend:
Participate in our FoodSHARE Thanksgiving Outreach and a Neighborhood Connection Point on November 17.
- FoodShare: (Begins at 8am) Sign up to deliver a Thanksgiving meal to a family in our community. Register (required) at CalvaryFTL.org/Foodshare
- NEIGHBORHOOD Connection Point: (12:30-2:30pm) Invite your friend out for lunch and fellowship at your community’s Neighborhood Connection Point! For a list of locations, visit CalvaryFTL.org/ConnectionPoint
OPEN our church doors:
Invite your friend to join you and your family:
- For a Christmas Eve service, December 24 at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, or 10pm. Doorhanger invitations will be available November 24– December 24.
- For a regular church service on January 20 where Pastor Bob will present a special message just for them!
- To be a part of our church family and get involved in our various ministries.
I’m convinced that all of our lives are filled with people asking two essential questions, “Who is God?” and “How can I know Him?” I also believe the holiday season is the perfect opportunity to build a bridge between these questions and the answer which is found in a relationship with Jesus.
From the shepherds who witnessed the events of that first Christmas to the pilgrims who gathered for the first Thanksgiving, the events we celebrate this time of year have timelessly served to point people to God’s existence and His amazing love for them.
From October through January, we will be hosting a variety of events and outreach opportunities to provide you multiple ways to introduce your friends and family to God.
You know God as your Savior, father, and friend. What better time or way to introduce Him to someone in your life. Share the greatest gift you have ever received—the chance to Know God.